How to change ringtone in Windows 10 mobile is one of the most searched term among most of the Windows phone users. If you are one of them, then you have landed on the correct page. Ringtones are something, which everyone wants to be one of their choice and the default ringtone of Windows and Lumia phones are way too boring. If you are an Android, BlackBerry or any other mobile OS user except Windows, then setting your favorite track or song as ringtone is way too easy and everyone can do that just by going through settings.
Here in this post we are going to show you how to change ringtone in Windows 10 mobile, you can also follow below methods to use mp3 songs as a custom ringtone in Windows 10 and Windows Lumia mobiles.
The procedure of using your own custom ringtone in Windows smartphones is different from other mobile OS and you just can’t use an mp3 file and use “set as ringtone” option like with Android and iPhone smartphones to use that song as ringtone. There are some pre-installed ringtones and sounds are available in Windows phone, which you can access by going through settings. Here’s how to change ringtone in Windows 10 mobile.
- First of all open Settings app on your Windows phone.
- Then, go to System and tap on ringtones + sounds options.
- Now click on the Ringtone tab, and then a list of all the available ringtones will be displayed on your screen.
- Now you can listen to ringtones by pressing play icon before their name to preview them.
- Once you have got the ringtone you want to set, just tap on the name of it.
- Now close the settings app and that ringtone will be now used as default ringtone for your Windows device.
How to Change Ringtone in Windows 10 Mobile
Method #1. Set Ringtone In Windows 10 Mobile Using PC
The first method to set ringtone in Windows 10 phone is by using a PC and USB cable. To use this method you will need a Windows PC and USB cable to connect your phone to computer. Follow below steps to set custom ringtone in Windows phone using PC.
- First of all connect your Windows phone to PC using USB cable.
- Now copy those mp3 files or ringtones that you want to move to your Windows phone.
- Now open My Computer and go to your Windows Phone file manager.
- Do note that there will be two options available under Phone, one will be Phone and other will be SD Card. You will have to open Phone folder.
- There you will find a folder named Ringtones, just open it and now copy paste the ringtones you want to set in your phone.
- Once you have copied all your songs/ringtones from PC to Windows phone file manager, disconnect your phone from PC.
- Now go to “Personalization” settings of your phone.
- Open “Sounds” settings and then tap on Ringtone bar.
- You will notice that the songs you have copied earlier are now appearing under Ringtones tab. Just select the mp3 you want to use as ringtone and close settings app.
- Now you have successfully changed ringtone in Windows 10 phone.
Method #2. Set Custom Ringtone In Windows Phone via Ringtone Maker App
Above method is working fine when you want to set ringtone in Windows 10 mobile, but it doesn’t work when you copy songs from one folder of your device to ringtones folder. It works only when you have music stored on your computer and you use it for moving files. But, if you don’t have a PC, or doesn’t want to use any other machine to change ringtones in Windows 10, then you can create custom ringtones from the mp3 songs using your Windows phone too.
There is an app named Ringtone Maker available over Windows Phone Store, which allows you to create your own custom ringtones and notification alerts of about 40 seconds using your mp3 file. You can later use them as ringtone of Windows 10 phone.
- First of all open Windows Store and download Ringtone Maker app.
- Now install this app on your phone and also download or move songs to your mobile which you want to trim and use as ringtones.
- Once done, open the Ringtone Maker app and tap on “pick a song”.
- Now the app will ask you to assign an mp3 file to it, just select the song you want to use as a ringtone.
- Now you will be asked to select 40 seconds of that song.
- There will be a play icon available at the bottom of the app, which you can use to preview your ringtone.
- Once you are satisfied with the outcome, just click on the save icon to save your new ringtone.
- Now follow the same steps mentioned above to set your ringtone by going to settings of the phone.
Method #3. Change Ringtone in Windows 10 Mobile Using Phone Companion App
Though the above mentioned methods are working fine to set ringtone in Windows 10 mobile, but still if you are facing problems, then you can use Microsoft Phone Companion app for Windows. This app is developed specially for Windows devices and it lets you transfer data from Windows PC to Windows phone, tablet, and even to Android, iPhone, and iPad. If you don’t have a USB cable to connect your phone to PC, then also you can use this app to transfer data wirelessly. From music to photos, and documents to Cortana reminders, everything can be done using this app.
If you are using a Windows 10 PC, then this app will come pre-installed on it with name Phone Companion. If not, then you can download it from Microsoft Store, or using this link. Another thing to note here is that it is available only for Windows 10 PCs and laptops. If you are using Windows 8.1, 8 or 7, then you can download a similar app named Windows Phone App for Desktop which works almost same like Phone Companion app. You can download it from this direct link.
Windows phones are pretty different from other mobile OS in terms of usability and looks too. Many people who are searching for how to set ringtone in Windows 10 mobile can use above mentioned methods to set custom ringtone in Windows phones. Though there might be many more ways available to do so, but we will recommend you to use above mentioned methods only.
Windows 10 update is being rolled out to Windows phone, and if you are using Windows 10 in your mobile, and want to find out how to change ringtone in Windows 10 mobile, then these solutions are for you. We hope you are now able to change ringtone in Windows 10 Mobile, and if you know about any other methods to change or set ringtone in Windows 10 mobile, then do let us know about it via comments below.